নিয়োগ বিজ্ঞপ্তি প্রকাশ করেছে UNHCR। Supply Unit হিসেবে নিয়োগ দেওয়া হবে।আবেদনের শেষ তারিখ ১৮ ফেব্রুয়ারি।
UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES (UNHCR)
INTERNSHIP VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Vacancy Notice No. VA/BGDCO/Internship/2020/001
The work of intern is expected to contribute to UNHCR delivering on its mandate for refugees and asylum seekers, returnees, stateless people and internally displaced persons and helping the Organization remain relevant in the competitive humanitarian environment. UNHCR provides interns with a learning opportunity to gain knowledge and practical experience related to their academic programme or future work in a field related to UNHCR’s mission. By being directly exposed to the work of the Organization, interns have the chance to develop their skills and aptitudes.
The Supply Intern will provide support to the Supply Unit based in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh under the guidance and mentorship of a Senior Officer.
The intern, under the direct supervision of a Senior Officer in Supply unit, will perform the following tasks:
- Draft quotation requests and tenders including bid-tabulations;
- Follow-up with the delivery of ordered commodities and services;
- Compile information on all procurement activities within area of responsibility;
- Assist in managing Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE) effectively according to UNHCR rules and regulation;
- Assist with registration and marking of new PPEs including Physical verification of PPEs;
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on Supply activities and provide reports and updates periodically, and on request;
- Compile statistical information on supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making;
- Assist with vendors performance evaluation based on their capability for delivering commodities and services;
- Any other responsibility deemed necessary or as delegated by the Supervisor in order to meet the level of service required by the organization.
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Eligibility:
In order to be considered eligible for an internship, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
- Be a recent graduate or current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO; and
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest to the work of the Organization.
An individual whose father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister is a staff member of UNHCR, including a Temporary Appointment holder or a member of the Affiliate Workforce, is not eligible for an internship.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
- Recent graduate or current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme in the field of Management/Business Administration;
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Computer literacy.
Food and Transportation Allowance:
An intern will receive 10% of DSA (Daily Subsistence Allowance) for Cox’s Bazar per day up to maximum of 30 days in a month payable in local currency.
Submission of Applications:
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to submit their applications with fully complete and signed Personal History Form and Supplementary Pages via online: UNHCR Bangladesh Job Portal www.unhcr.io/jobs.
Personal History Form not submitted in UNHCR format as well as not signed, incomplete and late applications will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a written test and/or oral interview. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing or any other fees).
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted based on the information submitted during the application. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
UNHCR strongly encourages qualified female applicants for this position. UNHCR seeks to ensure that male and female employees are given equal career opportunities. UNHCR is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
UNCHR has a zero-tolerance policy against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA). SEA is unacceptable behavior and prohibited conduct for UNHCR personnel. It constitutes acts of serious misconduct and is therefore grounds for disciplinary measures, including dismissal. Any concerns or suspicions about a possible case of SEA should be reported immediately to the Inspector General’s Office (IGO).