TOGETHER, WE ARE TRANSFORMING LIVES. YOU COULD TOO”
Project Manager-Cox’s Bazar Support Programme
(Based at Teknaf, Cox’s Bazar)
People who join In Plan International Bangladesh take responsibility every day to act on our core values and advance our organisational purpose- Advancing Children’s Rights and Equality for Girls. They exhibit discipline in their work and in their relationships. To every challenge, project and interaction, they apply a balance of head and heart.
Our people are smart. They’re rigorous thinkers. They relish challenges and work with others to come up with creative solutions to the toughest challenges that children and young people face. They are confident and curious, always open to learning. That’s how – in a fast-changing world – our team consistently comes up with great programmes.
Diversity is powerful. To achieve transformational change, we seek out team members with different backgrounds and ways of thinking. Diversity helps us unlock complexity.
Our people are proud to represent Plan International Bangladesh, and conscious that they do so not just in the workplace, but wherever they go.
Plan has been working in Cox Bazar to respond to the Rohingya refugee influx since 24 September 2017 implementing the following key objectives: 1. Ensure girls and boys affected by the crisis are protected from violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation through appropriate prevention and response interventions in line with minimum standards. 2. Reduce the transmission of disease from feces to mouth through the promotion of good hygiene practice and the reduction of health risks related to poor sanitation 3. Restore and increase access to safe quality and inclusive educational opportunities for refugee children and adolescents (girls and boys) affected by the Rohingya crisis.
The project manager will be responsible for managing the Promoting education and child protection among crisis affected girls, boys, adolescent girls and adolescent boys in Cox’s Bazar intervention and leading the EiE and CPiE team. This includes line management of technical officer and CBCPC & CM coordinator, as well as ensuring that the project is implemented, managed and budgeted to meet with donor compliance and the needs of the community and children. The project manager will ensure quality delivery and achievement of project objectives and results. The role requires close collaboration with other project teams.
The role & Scope
Primary objectives of the Project Manager will be
- Support education and CP needs assessment in intervention target areas as needed
- Highlight education and protection related issues requiring an immediate or medium-term response, in line with Plan’s code of conduct
- Deliver project activities on time and in line with budget and donor requirements, tracking progress of activities and expenditure and providing regular updates on progress, priorities and constraints
- Lead project team, with direct supervision of the technical and PSS/Case Management coordinator, who in turn coordinate a team of officer 7 community volunteers.
- Manage hired consultants under the project and contribute to strategic and technical direction
- Work closely with Plan International’s Child Protection in Emergencies (CPiE) team as well as gender focal points to ensure CPiE is fully integrated and the project is gender responsive
- Work with EiE and CPiE team to develop individual and team learning plans, with support from specialists
- Ensure PSS/Case Management officers receive necessary training and are included in capacity building initiatives led the CPiE and EiE team
- Visit project sites on regular basis to supervise and monitor teams and education and learning related activities in the affected communities
- Maintain regular communication, coordinate and follow guidance from the program managers and specialists on quality technical input, monitoring, expenditure reporting and donor compliance
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a Bangladeshi Nation who is competent and committed professional holding At least Masters in Social work, Social sciences, Development Studies or related field. Required to have minimum 3 – 4 years of experience in similar role preferably in international development organization as well as good understanding & knowledge about Humanitarian architecture of the Rohingya Response its operating and regulatory environment. Have extensive experience in partnership programme operations and dealing with Government of Bangladesh, civil societies, media and NGO/ CBO; Have to have coordination skills, including consensus building, conflict management, project management skills (ex: monitoring and evaluation), effective communication and collaboration, meeting management, etc. Required to have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English & Bangla. Understanding and speaking local language of Cox’s Bazar or Chittagong is an advantage.
Only Bangladeshi nationals are invited to Apply
IF YOU THINK, YOU ARE THE BEST FIT FOR THE POSITION THEN HIT THE BOX AND BE A MEMBER OF THE TEAM!
About Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International envisages a world in which all children and young people realise their full potential, a vision now shared by the 193 Heads of State and Government who adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in September 2015.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. This is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. Its girls who are most affected. Plan International’s new Global Strategy aims to transform the lives of 100 million girls by implementing an integrated programme and influence approach.
How to apply
To find out more details and apply visit: Career Opportunities: Project Manager
and should apply online by 16 November 2020.
and should apply online by 16 November 2020.
Plan International Bangladesh is committed to ending gender inequality, and achieving a gender balanced workforce. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
We promote competitive salary, female friendly workplace, outstanding co-workers (who are respectful, professional, unbiased and easy to work with); equal opportunity that mean equal access to promotion, leadership role or incentive programme.
Plan follows an equal opportunity policy and actively encourages diversity welcoming applications from all especially women and people living with disability.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted. References will be taken and background and Anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy.
Attractive salary will be offered to deserving candidate as per organization’s policy.
As an independent development and humanitarian organization, We strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We are an equal opportunities employer.