Area of assignment: Based in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Purpose of position
The Communications Specialist will work on increasing and promoting the profile of Plan International by producing high-quality human-interest and advocacy resources such as stories, videos, photos and infographics which will be communicated to Plan International federation, influences, donors and general public and other identified target audiences.
S/he will oversee and ensure that branding, visibility, emergency communications and Child Protection polices of Plan International are adhered to. S/he will also be representing Plan International in select sector and coordination meetings to promote the advocacy work of the organization.
S/he will also be managing the information, internally and externally.
Desired skills and expertise
- Bachelor degree with a minimum of two years’ work experience in humanitarian and development communications work, preferably with an international non-government organization.
- With expertise in content production and social media management
- With experience working with a multi-cultural environment is an advantage.
- Bengali and English (both reading and writing) required.
- Prior experience of working in greater Chittagong Division and knowledge of Chittagong or Rohingya is a plus.
Duration of the position is six months with possible extension.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online by 26 November 2017 at: Plan International Bangladesh: Career. Early submission is strongly encouraged as application collection and selection process will go simultaneously. Selected candidates must be willing to join within very short notice. Only short listed candidates will be communicated for interview. Any form of persuasion in the selection process will automatically disqualify the candidacy.
As a child-centred development organisation, committed to the wellbeing of children and to supporting the Convention on the Rights of the Child, we do not tolerate child abuse.