Project Manager- Education in Emergency (EiE) – Cox’s Bazar Support Programme (Based at Ukhiya, Cox’s Bazar)
People who join In Plan International Bangladesh take responsibility every day to act on our core values and advance our organisational purpose- Advancing Children’s Rights and Equality for Girls. They exhibit discipline in their work and in their relationships. To every challenge, project and interaction, they apply a balance of head and heart.
Our people are smart. They’re rigorous thinkers. They relish challenges and work with others to come up with creative solutions to the toughest challenges that children and young people face. They are confident and curious, always open to learning. That’s how – in a fast-changing world – our team consistently comes up with great programmes.
Diversity is powerful. To achieve transformational change, we seek out team members with different backgrounds and ways of thinking. Diversity helps us unlock complexity.
Our people are proud to represent Plan International Bangladesh, and conscious that they do so not just in the workplace, but wherever they go.
Plan has been working in Cox Bazar to respond to the Rohingya refugee influx since 24 September 2017 implementing the following key objectives: 1. Ensure girls and boys affected by the crisis are protected from violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation through appropriate prevention and response interventions in line with minimum standards. 2. Reduce the transmission of disease from feces to mouth through the promotion of good hygiene practice and the reduction of health risks related to poor sanitation 3. Restore and increase access to safe quality and inclusive educational opportunities for refugee children and adolescents (girls and boys) affected by the Rohingya crisis.
The post holder will manage the implementation of a specific project within this response through partner organizations and/or plan response team or both. S/he will also ensure project implementation meets the global/organizational standards of emergency responses and donors’ compliance aspects; ensure project monitoring mechanism is established and functional to ensure quality implementation and downwards accountability.
The role & Scope
The Project Manager will work as part of Education in Emergency (EiE) team of Plan Bangladesh under direct line management of Programme Manager. Primary objectives of the Project Manager will be
- Deliver project activities on time in line with budget and donor requirements, Maintain tracking progress of activities and expenditure and also provide regular updates on progress, priorities of the project to donor & Program Manager as well.
- Maintain budget variance & tracking regularly, work close with fiancé team to prepare quarterly expenditure forecasting & reporting accordingly.
- Lead the development of work plans with staff and ensure implementation of the activities on time
- Work closely with Plan’s internal departments, including HR, Finance, Admin and Logistics to ensure projects are appropriately resources and project activities are delivered accordingly
- Lead project team with direct supervision of EiE Coordinators, technical and Case Management officers, who in turn coordinate a team of community volunteers.
- Collaborate closely with Plan International’s Education in Emergency (EiE) team as well as gender focal points to ensure EiE is fully integrated and the project is gender responsive.
- Prepare timely monthly/quarterly financial and narrative reports (including FD7 reports) in compliance with Plan, donor and government requirements with support from M&E specialists.
- Monitor progress and ensure that tools (including monitoring framework) and methods are in place to measure impact and results, and link with reporting requirements.
- Ensure that project reports to donor meet quality standards in terms of language and reflect the Rohingya & host community situation as well.
- Maintain regular communication, coordinate and follow guidance from the program manager and seek input regarding quality enhancement from technical team
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a Bangladeshi Nation who is competent and committed professional holding At least Masters in Social work, Social sciences, Development Studies or related field. Required to have minimum 5 years of experience in similar role preferably in international development organization as well as good understanding & knowledge about Humanitarian architecture of the Rohingya Response its operating and regulatory environment. Have extensive experience in partnership programme operations and dealing with Government of Bangladesh, civil societies, media and NGO/ CBO; Have to have coordination skills, including consensus building, conflict management, project management skills (ex: monitoring and evaluation), effective communication and collaboration, meeting management, etc. Required to have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English & Bangla. Understanding and speaking local language of Cox’s Bazar or Chittagong is an advantage.
Only Bangladeshi nationals are invited to Apply
IF YOU THINK, YOU ARE THE BEST FIT FOR THE POSITION THEN HIT THE BOX AND BE A MEMBER OF THE TEAM!
About Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International envisages a world in which all children and young people realise their full potential, a vision now shared by the 193 Heads of State and Government who adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in September 2015.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. This is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. Its girls who are most affected. Plan International’s new Global Strategy aims to transform the lives of 100 million girls by implementing an integrated programme and influence approach.
How to apply
To find out more details and apply visit: Career Opportunities: Project Manager
and should apply online by 4 July 2020.
Plan International Bangladesh is committed to ending gender inequality, and achieving a gender balanced workforce. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
We promote competitive salary, female friendly workplace, outstanding co-workers (who are respectful, professional, unbiased and easy to work with); equal opportunity that mean equal access to promotion, leadership role or incentive programme.
Plan follows an equal opportunity policy and actively encourages diversity welcoming applications from all especially women and people living with disability.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted. References will be taken and background and Anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy.
Attractive salary will be offered to deserving candidate as per organization’s policy.