Project Assistant (MHPSS)
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Mar 22, 2020
- Reference Code: SVN-09/2020/S – BD1
- Estimated Starting Date: As soon as possible
- Classification: G-5
- Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (Initially 6 Months with possibility of extension)
- Division/Unit: Migration Health
- Under the direct supervision of the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)Project officer based in Cox`s Bazar, and the Emergency Health Coordinator in Cox`s Bazar, the successful candidate will implement IOM`s psychosocial activities in the designated district, according to priorities of the health unit. This includes coordination of psychosocial support (PSS) activities, monitoring of PSS workers for each location, delivering counselling services, supporting and implementing relevant trainings, conducting community mobilization activities as well as liaising with relevant partners and humanitarian actors.
- The incumbent will be assigned to inter alia, the following tasks:
- 1. Assist in coordinating and monitoring work of PSS teams who will provide level 2- community mobilization- and level 3- Psychosocial focus interventions, at the IOM 13 Health facilities.
- 2. Monitor and assist following up the activities conducted by the PSS workers, together with MHPSS assistant and field operations officer This includes monitoring activities, organizing weekly team meetings, addressing gaps and providing overall support.
- 3. Provide support to the PSS mobile team supervisor, especially with regards to weekly reporting mechanisms.
- 4. Provide guidance to the PSS mobile team to implement community-based PSS activities including community-initiated activities and discussion groups, promoting a specific focus on women, girls, elderly and youth.
- 5. Assist in the identification of gaps and opportunities for MHPSS and assist in the development of interventions addressing the identified needs, this may include organizing refresher trainings as necessary.
- 6. Provide regular reports to the MHPSS coordinator on activities to date and indicators achieved in line with the Monitoring and Evaluation tools developed.
- 7. Support the implementation of relevant trainings for the PSS mobile teams, humanitarian actors, key community members and others as relevant.
- 8. Ensure maintenance of confidential documentation and records of all psychosocial activities implemented.
- 9. Collaborate with other agencies on the ground and participate in meetings on behalf of IOM and in the interest of the beneficiaries.
- 10. Coordinate safe custody of IOM items and equipment on the ground including maintaining an up to date inventory.
- 11. Be on the lookout for MHPSS related empowerment areas in the interest of beneficiaries.
- 12. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- At least 3 year(s)
- Qualification in counselling is an asset.
- Bangladeshi nationality.
- Previous work with Rohingya community
- Experience and qualification in counselling is an asset.
- At least 3 years of field-based experience in community-based psychosocial support programmes in refugee and IDP camps and/or in humanitarian settings in emergencies.
- Familiarity of the IASC Guidelines on Mental Health Psychosocial Services in Emergency Settings is an asset.
- Field-based experience in working with humanitarian agencies in emergencies in low- and middle-income countries;
- Understanding of cultural diversity and cultural diversity competence.
- Knowledge of United Nations and Non-Governmental Organizations humanitarian community.
- Experienced in written report writing and use of Excel.
- Previous experience in Bangladesh, the region and in L3 emergencies is an asset.
- Cox’s Bazar
Apply through following options
Application Deadline: Mar 22, 2020