Camp Focal, WASH, HCMP (Contractual)
BRAC is one of the world`s leading development organization. Since 1972 BRAC is dedicated to alleviating poverty and empowerment of the poor. In continuation to that, BRAC has taken Humanitarian Crisis Management Project in Ukhia and Teknaf Upazila of Cox`s Bazar district to support the displaced people arriving from the Rakhine state of Myanmar.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Provide a designated focal point for all WASH coordination in the camp
- Lead WASH coordination meetings at the camp level
- Represent WASH sector in community engagement meetings with local leaders
- Take full responsibility to ensure the regular operation and maintenance done by the WASH implementing agencies
- Work closely with Site Managers/CiC to ensure they are aware of the WASH Camp Focal Point role and that the WASH Camp Focal Point is the first point of calling for any WASH concerns.
- Coordinate with key sectors such as shelter, education, nutrition and health on inter-sectoral camp issues based on the need
- Provide technical support/guidance of construction and management of institutional WASH facilities are agreed upon and routinely monitor all aspects of WASH.
- Report any WASH gaps or overlaps in relation to WASH sector standards to the Area Focal agency and keep the WASH sector Coordinators informed of progress and any issues at the camp
- Reinforce to all WASH actors in the Camp, the need to ensure standards and quality is met for all infrastructure, distributions and community engagement.
- Establish a clear line of regular communication among the Area Focal Agency, WASH Sector Coordinators and Camp Focal Points.
- Ensure WASH partners are reporting to the WASH Sector Coordination Unit with the agreed upon template
- Alert relevant sector focal points at camp level (SM, WASH, Health, Shelter, and Nutrition) of any public health related warnings for disease outbreak.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Masters degree in any discipline
- URP Preferred
- Good knowledge on Camp Coordination
- Good Knowledge of Planning and implementation.
- Ability to handle a large number of Team.
- Have good communication skills in English
- Ability to use computers and have knowledge of MS Office, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
- Teamwork spirit and community mobilization skills
- Problem solving skills.
- Weekly 2 holidays, Insurance
- Festival Bonus: 2
ExperienceAt least 5 Year(s)
Job Location—- Cox’s Bazar
Published —-02 March 2020
Deadline —- : 08 Mar 2020
Send your CV to [email protected]