Currently, Concern is looking for suitable candidates for the following position under the Emergency Nutrition Project for the Rohingya Refugees in Ukhiya, Cox’s Bazar.
IYCF-E MANAGER- Emergency Response Projects in Cox’s Bazar: The IYCF-E Manager will provide leadership and will ensure that all components of the IYCF-E (Infant and young child feeding in Emergencies) programme are functioning properly, providing quality care to all the beneficiaries while respecting guidelines and principles of good practice e.g. the Operational Guidance on IYCF-E, the International Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes and subsequent relevant resolutions.
Duty Station: Cox’s Bazar
Salary & Benefits: As per Organisational Policy
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Overall responsibility for the day-to-day management of project site activities and staff (such as IYCF-E activities in IYCF-E corners, Mother and Baby Tents, etc., IYCF-E staff, Breastfeeding Counsellors and volunteers);
- Develop robust M&E system to capture quality of activities (including quality of BF assessments, re-lactation, BMS monitoring, counselling skills etc) and to ensure appropriate reporting and accountability
- Explore additional programmatic initiatives such as linkages with MAMI, Care groups, Mother support groups etc.
- Provide technical guidance on IYCF-E to support staff (IYCF-E, CMAM, health, CP and others as necessary) and MoH and other humanitarian actors as necessary to promote consistent good practice;
Training and Capacity Building:
- Assess the training needs of nutrition staff; develop a training program to meet these needs; conduct nutrition training for project nutrition staff and MOH counterparts implementing nutrition programs, focusing on all aspects of community-based management of acute malnutrition (CMAM), IYCF, behaviour change communication, etc.
- Provide structured supportive supervision focusing on counselling skills;
Advocacy and Communication:
Ensure substantial representation and support to IYCF-E working group and attend relevant internal and external sectoral coordination meetings;
- Facilitate cross-sectoral programming, particularly to promote excellent communication and referral between IYCF-E, CMAM, BSFP, health, FSL and other programming;
- Enable a friendly collaborative working culture within the team, actively sharing information and knowledge to enable the team to ensure effective learning and sharing across the team.
- Participate in monthly and weekly report compilation and support the capturing of best practices
- Be aware of, understand and comply with all of Concern’s policies and procedures (P4, finance, logistics, HR, security management etc.)
- Master’s degree in Nutrition or Public Health or equivalent
- Substantial experience and a track record of success in delivering high quality IYCF programmes, including monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated experience in designing and leading IYCF-E assessments
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff;
- Strong skills in coordination and the ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders, including nutrition clusters, partners and the Ministry of Health
- Highly developed writing skills (English) – both at a programmatic level (assessment reports, proposals) and a policy level (policy papers, guidance notes)
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal Bengali and English) at a level appropriate for high-level external representation (lobbying, presentations)
- Ability to analyze diverse information and develop recommendations for an appropriate response to emergencies
- Demonstrated capacity in delivering high quality training in IYCF-E
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and
- Practical experience in IYCF-E programming
- Practical experience of the cluster approach at country and global level.
Job Description: Click here to download
Notice: Due to the urgent requirement to fill the position, we are also reviewing applications from different external sources and interviewing regularly. We may offer the job to the selected candidate before the closing date of application and selected candidates nee to join within a short notice.
If you feel that your qualification and experience matches with our requirements, and you have a shared commitment to Concern’s values, please email your updated CV with photograph and National ID/Birth Certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date of Application: 16 August 2018
Concern has a Code of Conduct and a Programme Participant Protection Policy to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from abuse and exploitation.
Please mark the position applied in the email subject line.
Any canvassing will result in disqualification
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.