Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. With its head quarter in Ireland, Concern has been working in Bangladesh since 1972.
Concern is looking for suitable candidate for the following position:
Finance Officer – Accounts Payable and Bank (Position-1 based in Dhaka):
The Finance Officer-Accounts Payable and Bank is responsible for ensuring the adequate funds are available in all accounts and that all payment to staff, suppliers and partners are made on time, complying with all financial policies, control mechanisms and taxation rules and ensuring efficient and timely consolidation of monthly head office and field based financial data from all offices, transparent consolidation and proper financial legal compliance for the organisation.
Major areas of responsibility:
- Ensuring that all staff understand the payment procedures, services and compliance, timing, templates and required documentation and are confident about respective responsibilities in finance.
- Ensuring adequate funds are available in all accounts for head office, field offices and partners and professional management of all bank accounts of the organisation, includes mandates signatories and other legal formalities to support smooth implementation of programme activities.
- Ensuring efficient and timely consolidation of monthly head office and filed based financial data and timely posting to the accounting system based on authorised documentary supporting evidence.
- Ensuring that legal issues are adequately addressed from financial perspective.
- Ensuring effective and efficient provision of financial and administrative support, services and resources for smooth running of the offices, programmes and houses in a cost effective manner
- As a member of the Emergency Team, to work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure excellence within Concern’s work is captured, promoted and disseminated, and to ensure advocacy and M&E are addressed within the project framework
- Contribute to the process of implementing quality programmes by ensure that the HAP standard of accountability is conceptualized and effectively implemented throughout the organisation, and at the country programme level.
- M. Com. (Accounting) with CA (CC) course completed
- At least 03 years progressively responsible work experience in financial management in a development organisation, preferably in an international NGO
- Knowledge of current relevant taxation laws.
- Excellent understanding of internal control processes.
- Good understanding of Bangladesh banking systems.
|Salary for this position: As per organisation’s policy||Job Duration: One (01) year contract|
Job Description: Click here to download.
IIf you feel that your qualification and experience matches with our requirements, and you have a shared commitment to Concern’s values, please submit the completed Job Application Form along with an updated CV of no more than 4 pages in length to: Concern Worldwide, Human Resources Department, House # 15 SW (D), Road # 07, Gulshan-1, Dhaka-1212 OR by email to: email@example.com
Concern values diversity in the workplace and is a committed equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of gender, race, family or marital status, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, class, caste or religion. Anyone working for Concern must agree to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and the Programme Participant Protection Policy. Each of which is intended to ensure the appropriate behaviour of Concern staff and ensure the maximum protection of programme participants. As per Concern policy, any staff member can be assigned to emergency response at any time.
Concern has a Code of Conduct and a Programme Participant Protection Policy to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from abuse and exploitation.
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Closing date for applications: 10 December 2017
Due to the urgency of this position, the selected candidate will be required to join within a short notice.
Please mark the position applied for on the envelope OR in the email subject line.
Any canvassing will result in disqualification.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.