Medical Assistant, Nutrition and Health
- CONTRACT DURATION: 31st March, 2021 (Possibility for Extension)
- START DATE: ASAP.
- CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term
- DUTY: Respective Program/ Department will be select (Roaster-Day/Night, 5/6 working day). Department decision will be final for Location and Duty Roaster.
- Medical Assistant is responsible for identification of Severely Acutely Malnourished (SAM) children and treatment of children identified as SAM with complications in the Stabilization Centres. Medical Assistant is also responsible for identification of SAM and MAM and refer them to outpatient sites (OTP / SFP). Medical Assistant will be responsible to ensure action protocol for SAM management during treatment and assign nutrition and health related activities under Action Against Hunger.
খালি পদ: ১২
- Objective 1: Identification of SAM and MAM children at SC
- Screening of under five children at SAM corner using MUAC tape, weight-Height Z score.
- Identification of SAM without complications and MAM children and refer them to OTP/SFPs.
- Maintain screening register to track nutrition information of the children.
- Objective 2: IYCF counseling
- Conduct counseling on infant and young child feeding (IYCF) among the mothers/caregivers.
- Keep information about the number of mother/caregiver at registration book who got IYCF counseling
- Objective 3: Admissions of eligible beneficiaries (children U5 with severe acute malnutrition with medical complications) in the SAM corner:
- Warm welcoming to the caregivers and beneficiaries.
- Decide which patients are at major risk and need special care in phase I.
- Decide which patients should be admitted rapidly with an abbreviation history and examination after formal admission and the start of treatment.
- Ensure the dispensing of sugar water and F75 upon admittance.
- Monitor, prevent and treat hypothermia in consultation with the in -charge doctor.
- Monitor, prevent and treat hypoglycemia in consultation with the in -charge doctor.
- Diagnose and treat dehydration where present (strictly using the protocol) in the consultation with the in charge doctor.
- Recording anthropometric measurement of the children (height, weight, MUAC, checking bilateral oedema and W/H percentage.
- Explain the treatment procedures to caregiver in the SC and use 24 hours feeding chart to ensure nutrition treatment.
- Registration of all the beneficiaries in the SC (registration book ID number, medical and nutrition treatment sheets, follow up card ID number, bracelet with ID number).
- Explain the importance of hygiene and sanitation in the center and at home (nail cutting, washing hands before taking meal and after latrine.
- Implement systematic treatment according to the National and ACF Guidelines for the management of severely malnourished children in Bangladesh (vitamin A, deworming, antibiotics, and vaccinations).
- Follow up and implement of the medical treatment for severe acute malnourished children in the SC.
- Objective 4: Treatment and discharge beneficiaries
- Ensuring treatment of uncomplicated common infectious diseases in children, with stabilisation of severe cases and referral for higher level care.
- Calculation, preparation, distribution and monitoring of therapeutic milk according to the standard protocols for the beneficiaries.
- Encourage breastfeeding and initiate supplementary Suckling technique (SST) for appropriate infants.
- Ensure that the systematic treatment and drugs are given correctly to the beneficiaries.
- Follow up of weight- gain and feedback to the caregivers.
- Follow up of the hygiene and sanitation rules in the center and during treatment follow up.
- Check if all the procedures completed before discharge (anthropometric measurements, medical and nutritional treatment, systematic treatment, and health and nutrition educations) and approval from the in-charge doctor.
- Record all the necessary information on the registration book and card for each beneficiary.
- Identification of absence and defaulters from SC and provide the list to Nurse Team Leader to follow up at home through Nutrition Volunteers.
- Objective 5: Stock management
- Keep up-to-date information about food and medicine stock for SC and keep tracking of different necessary equipment for ensuring proper treatment and records.
- Prepare therapeutic feeding products, medicine and other materials requisitions prior to out of stock.
- Objective 6: Coordination, collaboration, supervision and advocacy
- Maintain proper communication and collaboration with other partner organization (Save the Children MSF, IOM etc.).
- Ensure that close follow up and feedback system is in place for the referral cases between (SC, IPD with OPD, OTP, and SFP).
- Ensure proper communication, collaboration with other ACF programs (mental health, food security).
- Ensure quality of the volunteers’ work during their roster.
- Inform timely the NTL and DPM-SC about any problem encountered in the program.
- Objective 7: Proactively support ACFs commitments to gender equality, child protection and disability sensitivity
- Read and ensure a full understanding of ACFs Gender Minimum Standards & Child Protection Policies, asking questions and/or for support when necessary;
- Implement all work related activities with a gender, disability and child protection lens, taking into account the different needs, concerns and ideas of our staff and beneficiaries;
- Ensure the incorporation of gender equity principles in all policies and activities;
- Encourage the participation of all genders in meeting and on committees;
- Help build an inclusive office environment where people do not feel disadvantaged or judged according to their gender or limited due to manageable disability.
- Diploma in Medical Faculty (DMF), Diploma Medical Assistant (DMA) or equivalent, must be a 3 year diploma course in an government recognized institution and should have valid registration number.
চাকরির প্রয়োজনীয় বিষয়সমূহ
- Preferable if any experience of working in clinical field especially pediatrics. Strong flexibility is required in terms of mobility and working hours.
- Bangla and English: excellent written and spoken
- Clear and understandable hand writing
- Good communication skills
- Good clinical skills e.g. clinical examination, cannulation, check vital signs and evaluate.
- Ability to work in a team and in roster including night shift.
Cox’s Bazar (Teknaf, Ukhia)
- টাকা. ৫৫০০০ (মাসিক )
কোম্পানীর সুযোগ সুবিধাদি
- Festival Bonus: 02 basic salary per year.
- Provident Fund: 7.5% of Basic Salary.
- End of Contract Benefits: As per organization policy.
- Medical coverage: 80% hospitalization coverage medical expenses (Max limit BDT 120,000 per year).
- Group Life insurance and Group Personal Accidental Insurance
- Maternity Benefit: 3 (three) basic salary.
- Birth Allowance, Marriage Allowance, etc.
- 18 days of paid annual leave per year.
- 10 days of paid casual leave per year.
- Upto 01 month of paid sick leave per year.
- Upto 26 calendar week’s maternity leave.
- Paternity Leave, Marriage Leave, etc.
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform (online base) Cross knowledge.
- Participation to external training upon eligibility of the request.
আবেদনের শেষ তারিখ: ১২ জানুয়ারী ২০২১
Action Contre la Faim (ACF)ঠিকানা: Orin Tower, House # 23, Road # 113/A, Gulshan – 2, Dhaka 1212ওয়েব: www.actioncontrelafaim.org