নিয়োগ বিজ্ঞপ্তি প্রকাশ করেছে UNHCR।কক্সবাজারে Registration Assistantহিসেবে নিয়োগ দেওয়া হবে।আবেদনের শেষ তারিখ ৬ এপ্রিল ।
UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES (UNHCR)
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Vacancy Notice No. VA/UNOPS/014/2019
Title of Post
Type of contract
UNOPS Local Individual Contractor Agreement
|Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh||
Date of Issue
|28 March 2019|
The effective date of assignment
|As soon as possible||
|06 April 2019|
The Registration Assistant is a member of the Registration team and is supervised by a more senior member of the team who normally reports directly to the Registration Officer. S/he is responsible for supporting all activities related to registration, which may also include functions related to reception, filing and data management. S/he responds to queries from asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements. S/he liaises with protection staff and partners to ensure timely identification and referral of persons of concern for protection follow up. S/he may provide interpretation and/or translation services in cases for which s/he has the required language competencies.
S/he also supports the protection unit in designing a comprehensive protection strategy and in providing quality, timely and effective protection responses to persons of concern. S/he may liaise externally with local authorities and partners on correspondence and/or protection issues as guided by the supervisor. S/he also facilitates the involvement of persons of concern with the Office in making decisions that affect them, whether in accessing their rights or in identifying appropriate solutions to their problems. To achieve this, the incumbent will need to build and maintain effective interfaces with communities of concern, local authorities and protection and assistance partners.
Accountability (key results that will be achieved)
- UNHCR’s Registration Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are implemented in accordance with relevant UNHCR standards and policies.
- Persons of concern have fair and transparent access to registration procedures.
Responsibility (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Conduct registration interviews in accordance with local SOPs and registration standards.
- Respond to queries from, asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all individual registration cases.
- Identify persons with specific needs and ensure timely referral to protection follow-up as required.
- Collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance and programming, including provision of identity and entitlement documentation
- Act as interpreter and translator when needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
- Refer cases to other units within the office and to implementing partners as necessary.
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Completion of secondary education preferably with post-secondary training or certificate in social science, statistics, mathematics, information technology or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant job experience (3 years with post-secondary certificate/training).
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English and local language.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
- Training in basic principles of international protection.
- Experience in working with UNHCR proGres software.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN language.
- Analytical Thinking
- Technological Awareness
- Planning and Organizing
External candidates: External candidates must meet the essential minimum requirements of the position and candidates not citizens of the country must comply with all eligibility requirements for employment in line with the prevailing legislative prerequisites in the country.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: http://icsc.un.org
Submission of Applications:
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to submit their applications with fully complete and signed Personal History Form and Supplementary Pages via online: UNHCR Bangladesh Job Portal www.unhcr.io/jobs.
Deadline for submission of application: 06 April 2019
Personal History Form not submitted in UNHCR format as well as incomplete and late applications will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates are required to sit for a written test and oral interview. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing or any other fees).
UNHCR strongly encourages qualified female applicants for this position. UNHCR seeks to ensure that male and female employees are given equal career opportunities. UNHCR is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Refugees – who cares? We Do