Oxfam employs more than six thousand people in 90 countries who share a commitment to work together to end poverty and suffering. It is committed to ensure diversity and gender equality within the organization and welcomes applications from women, person with disability and under-represented groups. Oxfam does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on their HIV/AIDS status. The organization has been working in Bangladesh since the War of Independence and has established a permanent country office in 1972. Since then it has responded to all major emergencies in the country. Oxfam’s current program focuses on Economic Justice & Resilience, Gender and Women’s Leadership and Humanitarian Capacity Building and Response
Working at Oxfam
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with poverty, and we work together to end this injustice for everyone. Thousands of Oxfam employees already commit their time and talents to make this happen. Join us now.
Senior Emergency Food Security and Vulnerable Livelihood (EFSVL) Officer
Place of posting: Cox’s Bazar, Job Type: Fixed Term (until March’18, with possibility of extension depending of funding)
[Only Bangladesh National are eligible to apply]
Salary & Benefits: BDT. 10,56,451 (13 months) per annum gross with other benefits as per Oxfam policy
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are urgently looking for a dynamic team player who will work with the humanitarian team to contribute in EFS&VL programming through providing technical and management support. To take initiative for Need Assessment, Project Development, Project Implementation and Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) with strong coordination with partners, affiliate, INGOs, Consortium, and Food Security Cluster. This role demand dynamic person who is proactive to invent innovation and high quality work for building capacity, formulate advocacy in delivering Large Scale Cash Delivery Project in good linkage with Resilience and Social Protection work.
The post holder reports to EFSVL Coordinator.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- A relevant post-graduation degree with at least 2 years of field experience in EFS&VL programmes and minimum of 3 years in relief, recovery and /or development work with INGO / NGO/ or Government, and knowledge and experience of work in EFS&VL interventions, especially use of cash for work, cash grant and cash vouchers.
- Experience in conducting training in EFS&VL, including cash transfer programs and livelihood inputs.
- Proven experience in designing, implementing and monitoring large food security and livelihood programmes. This includes designing all necessary formats and training staff in the implementation.
- Proven experience in monitoring and evaluation, including post distribution monitoring and price monitoring.
- Commitment to equal opportunity and gender policies.
- Proven experience in effective financial management and financial monitoring
- Good assessment, documentation and reporting skills
- The ability to remain calm, work under pressure without losing sight of strategic objectives
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Strong commitment to social justice, social protection, promoting women transformational leadership and equality.
- Good community participation skills – PRA and other methodologies.
- Strong project cycle skills: assessments, design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and strategic planning skills.
- Fluent in Bangla, Chittagong dialects
- Good working knowledge of English
Due to the urgency of these role, we will be reviewing applications and interviewing candidate in advance of the closing date. For this reason, interested candidates are asked to submit their application as soon as possible.
More detailed of the key responsibilities, skills and competencies, please visit https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk by using the Job Reference Number INT3971
If you feel you can make a difference please visit https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk by using the Job Reference Number INT3971 (Please follow the proper procedure. Sending of irrelevant documents will be counted as disqualification.)
Application Deadline : 19 November, 2017 by 5:00 pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any persuasion will disqualify the candidature.
Find us on www.facebook.com/oxfambangladesh
OUR VALUES – All our work is led by three core values:
Empowerment: Everyone, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
Accountability: We take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
Inclusiveness: We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.